Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGTi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I am hoping someone can direct me to the right direction:)
I have iphone 3gs that is suspended under contract that I want to sell.

The biggest reason I am selling it is that I moved to apartment that I get one bar or no signal and in my present geographical area reception for At&t sucks.

That being said someone wants to buy it from me and mention that if I remove my sim card I can keep my plan (which is suspended at the time) and sell phone with no problem. If thats the case I would be more then willing to sell it the guy...
Can anyone with any At&t cell plan knowledge confirm this fact... I have been with Verizon wireless for years and have no knowledge how At&t works in regards to sim cards...

I just dont want any responsibility if I sell this phone and they cant activate due to the fact its still under contract.

Any advice will be appreciated

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Your account is on the sim card, not the phone, so to speak.

If you remove the sim and put it in a different phone, that new phone has your number, so yes, you can sell the phone.

iGTi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Thank you so much...
So at the present moment my sim card is suspended not the iphone itself...so bottom line At&t will have no problem with me selling this phone?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Thank you so much...
So at the present moment my sim card is suspended not the iphone itself...so bottom line At&t will have no problem with me selling this phone?

No, they won't care.

iGTi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Mr-Burns-Excellent.bmp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.