Help selling my damaged MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sonrisa37, Oct 7, 2011.

1. sonrisa37 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Well I bought my MacBook Pro about 16 months ago about 1,300 retail, and due to some errors in the postal service (yes I know, poor choice on my part) my laptop was damaged. It still functions but the LCD is cracked and I don't know if I can justify spending money on screen repair without knowing if there is more damage that I am not yet aware of. Where might I sell a damaged fairly new MacBook Pro? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

apple didnt care it was damaged during shippping?

to sell it i would suggest a craigs list or ebay

3. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

16 months is not a fairly new laptop =( you're gonna have to sell it as a damaged unit for parts..you're not gonna get all that much but it something

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Why didn't you send it back to apple when you first got it, if it was damaged??

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Apple notebooks with broken screens get pretty good value on EBay.

I would connect the computer to an external display, you can then verify all other functions of the computer.

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

16 months ago? broken? that sounds like an ancient device that isn't going to be worth much. i don't understand why you didn't return it if the screen was broken. i am sure apple would have done something about it.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This sounds quite fishy. Apple doesn't ship via the Postal Service. They use carriers like UPS. Also, any sensible buyer would report the receipt of a damaged item as soon as they got it. Apple would have replaced it free of charge if it had arrived in damaged condition. It just doesn't add up.

8. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Sounds more like the MBP was damaged when the OP shipped it from one place to another, not when it was originally shipped to him/her from Apple.

9. sonrisa37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not Shipped by MAC!

Hi,
    Just for all your clarification I received it from apple 16 months ago, I later had it shipped to me by a third party, in this shipping it was damaged- not by apple. And sure, 16 months to tech savvy folks might not seem new but for the rest of us, it's not that old ;)