Help selling Presonus firestudio 26x26

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by NickolasSin, Sep 13, 2010.

1. NickolasSin macrumors member

NickolasSin

Hi there,
    I recently had to let go of my Mac Pro due to financial problems...
    Looks like I am getting out the audio industry for good. :(
    Anyways,
    I haven't had much luck selling my firestudio, and it's just been collecting dust in it's box in my closet. It's basically brand new, and I only used it a handful of times.
    I tried the local craigslist, much it would seem most people aren't interested in spending money of an interface of this caliber.
    Any recomendations of sites I could post an ad on, I would like to stay away from eBay or iOffer, and would like to stay strictly with Paypal! As I have been ripped off in the past :mad:

Thanks everyone :D

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

If the Firestudio is not sold, I'd bet the reason is your asking price. Audio gear that is still in current production should sell used for about 60% of the best on-line price. If the model has been replaced by a newer model the price falls lower.

You don't say what you asking price is but if it's not sold then by definition your price is not right.

3. NickolasSin thread starter macrumors member

NickolasSin

Well, I was only looking for $420.00 shipped. I feel that's fair for a piece of equipment I only used for a few hours, if. No?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Yes, you are asking just about exactly the price I said above you should ask, that is about 2/3 of the price new. Sweetwater sell them for $600.

eBay is actually a good place to sell. I'd never buy one of these from eBay but as a seller what's to loose. You wait until the money is safe in your bank account before you ship the goods.

But in the end there is no "fair price" there is only the price a buyer is willing to pay. The real problem here is the number of small studios going broken and they are all selling used gear. A buyer will look around and buy what he thinks is the best deal he can find. If you want the sell your stuff has to be the best deal.