Help setting up a Mini with a Raid cabinet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jmx, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Jmx macrumors member

Hello,

I'm using a Mac Mini (C2D 2.0 + 2GB Ram + 10.6.1) as a server with a Raid cabinet connected to it on the fire-wire port.
    I then add the Raid disk to my startup items on my Mac pro so i can access everything on the raid disk.
    I also run the program ShareTool on the mini so i can access files and music from work, i have iTunes running on the mini so it automatically shows up as a shared library at work.

I feel i loose connection to the server if i don't use it for a few min and it even pauses between playing songs in iTunes or when i try changing album. When i click the mini it mostly shows i'm not connected and i have to wait for it to reconnect or click "connect as" to redo it.

[​IMG]

My questions are:

1. Is there a better way to run a Mini + connected Raid disk so it will stay connected?

2. I have my iTunes library on the Raid disk and add music from my Mac pro but also have ot run iTunes from the same library on the Mini so i can access it from work over VPN, is there a better way to do this so i don't have to copy the actual library from MP to Mini each time i change it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who take their time to help :)

2. Jmx thread starter macrumors member

No one running a server or know anything about setting up OS X for that? :confused: