Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to add a new gesture but it doesn't seem to work. Please see picture.

5yr0.png

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
What your image implies:

That if you hold down SHFT and CMD and then click with 3 fingers, then bettertouchtool should interpret it as the "W" key. Weird, eh? :)

You probably meant that if you click with 3 fingers, then BTT should interpret it as "SHFT CMD W" --- if so you should remove the checkmarks for SHFT and CMD and then where you have "W", instead punch in SHFT CMD W.

Jose

tonie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Are you sure? I did it before and I don't remember that's how it works. I tried to input "command w" but it doesn't allowed me to input "command".

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
Are you sure? I did it before and I don't remember that's how it works. I tried to input "command w" but it doesn't allowed me to input "command".

Don't type out "command w", instead press the keys for SHFT CMD W, as if invoking the shortcut.

Yes it works...

Also, you may want to assign the shortcut to "Three Finger Tap" gesture rather than "Three Finger Click" since you are using a trackpad.

tonie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Don't type out "command w", instead press the keys for SHFT CMD W, as if invoking the shortcut.

Yes it works...

Also, you may want to assign the shortcut to "Three Finger Tap" gesture rather than "Three Finger Click" since you are using a trackpad.

Ahh... I want to use click because I use tap for something else. Again, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.