Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I’m setting up family sharing for my daughter and her kids. I’ve been able to get it set up on two of her kids’ iPads, but the third one doesn’t give me the option to log out of her Apple ID - it’s grayed out and won’t let me click. Any ideas how I can get out of that?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I’m setting up family sharing for my daughter and her kids. I’ve been able to get it set up on two of her kids’ iPads, but the third one doesn’t give me the option to log out of her Apple ID - it’s grayed out and won’t let me click. Any ideas how I can get out of that?
Have you tried restoring the third device?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Are you seeing any alerts along with the greyed out message? Was the password entered incorrectly too many times? If you don't think the Apple ID is locked or disabled, try doing a force restart on the device -- https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

No - not seeing any particular message. It never gave me the option at all - was greyed out when I went to it.
[automerge]1586007480[/automerge]
Have you tried restoring the third device?

And no - I haven’t tried restoring. I was hoping to not have to do that.

However, if I DO restore now, would I put in the new iCloud info. I’m worried his stuff wouldn’t be saved, but honestly, I could probably just start over for him. He doesn’t have a ton of apps/games.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
If you mean the appleid itself was greyed out at the top level of settings... you need to disable "screen time".

Oh okay - let me try that! Although both of the other iPads had it set and didn’t have issues. I’ll see if it helps though.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Oh okay - let me try that! Although both of the other iPads had it set and didn’t have issues. I’ll see if it helps though.

There’s an option within screen time which stops kids fiddling with accounts and greys out that button. Turning screen time off completely should allow you to do what you want though, then you can turn it back on or whatever from the parent device.

Reactions: ssledoux
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.