Help setting up VNC Lite? I'm VNC Stupid and I know it... ^_^;;

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nobodyhome, Jul 26, 2008.

1. nobodyhome macrumors member

Hello again. This time I'm not even trying to jailbreak anything; I'm simply trying to run my laptop thru VNC Lite. Except... I can get it set up! XP

I don't know a single thing about VNC. I roughly know what an IP is... =_=;;

Are there any tutorials out there?
    Anybody willing to help?

What I do know or have done...
    • I've downloaded JollyFastVNC.
    • I've enabled Remote desktop Sharing thing with a password.
    • I can get JollyFastVNC to show the screen within a screen within a screen within- You get the idea.
    • I'm accessing the internet through a Time Capsule bridged with an AT&T 2Wire connecting via DSL that took my two hours on the phone to set up (if that makes a difference).

What do I need to do now?

2. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

you need to forward some ports. Go to portforwarding.com/routers select your router and then select VNC and follow the directions. I believe you need to forward port 5900. Good luck!
    EDIT: You also need to enable "Screen sharing" not remote sharing.

3. lorductape macrumors 6502

lorductape

edit to your last post... it's portforward.com/routers.htm not portforwarding.com

4. nobodyhome thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much for the url! After reading a bunch I figured out what I needed. I ended up downloading a program called Vine Server 3.0. It solved my problem right away!

Now I just need to figure out how to make it automatically launch the application when my computer starts up. That way I can access my computer when I go on my trip! Thoughts?

Thanks again!