Help: Should I get the 4gb or 8gb model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RR08EvoX, Jun 23, 2007.

1. RR08EvoX macrumors member

I would probably be keeping the following amount of media on my iphone. Can you help me determine how much storage that would take up so I can decide on which size model i want.

500 songs
    10 (30min) tv episodes
    and 2 full length movies
    50 pictures

Thanks!

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

It really depends, are you going to be adding more then that? I think what you have going there is going to take up just about 4gb.

3. chatster18 macrumors regular

I would go with the 8, then you can have the ability to add more....and its only $100 more....(thats what Apple wants you to do too! :) )

4. RR08EvoX thread starter macrumors member

^^
    I dont have a really extensive media collection and I would only be keeping stuf on the phone that I would really listen to or watch on a weekly basis.

The majority of my time using it for media would be during a 40 min commute to and from work and maybe listening to music while at work.

I'm thinking maybe I will need the 8gb though, if thats allready around 4gigs worth, because Im sure the OS and other stuff will need space too.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

how much money do you want to spend, if you don't mind spending the extra then get the 8GB

6. kamiboy macrumors 6502

Think of it this way, the present you can save 100$ and use it on some insignificant crap that you will forget about soon. Then the future you will kick himself a year or so from now when he tries to sync his iTunes libary and 4GB just does not kick it. What do you thin the future you will like most, that a year ago he saves 100$ or that now he has double teh capacity?