Help - Should I switch to Verizon Edge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DCNatFan, Sep 11, 2014.

1. DCNatFan macrumors member

Trying to decide whether it makes sense to switch to the Edge plan. Currently we have 3 iphones (2-4s and 1-5).
    I am due for an update now and will get the iphone 6 tomorrow. Wife's upgrade date is not until 9/14/15 and daughter's not until 6/28/16. My son will likely be getting a phone next summer, say 7/1/15.

My understanding is that you cannot get onto the Edge plan until you purchase a new phone so based on our current update dates we would not have all 4 on the Edge plan until 2016. Is this right?

It seems like the Edge plan makes the most sense when you have 4 people on the plan and your line access drops to $15/phone + 10 GB of data for $160.

Is there anyway to get everyone onto this plan sooner?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Your line cost drops, but you have to add in the monthly fee for each phone (something like 25 dollars a month).

When I was on Edge, I think my bill went up like twenty something bucks when it was all said and done.

To put it another way, buying a phone on edge will not cause your bill to go down, but up.

Edge is just a leasing program, which may be useful to those folks who upgrade all the time. If you live with your phone for 2 years the contract price may be better.