HELP shrinking iTunes movies for an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by david352, Apr 17, 2008.

1. david352 macrumors newbie

Im trying to maximize the space on my 16gb Iphone. I have bought a couple of tv shows and a movie off of itunes, but they have bitrates unnecessarily high given that ill be watching them on an iphone (who needs to watch Southpark at a bitrate of 1500?) Im trying to figure out how I can shrink them.

I've been really happy with handbrake as far as DVD's go, as I've been able to put Snatch and Fast Times at Ridgemont High on my iphone with each taking up a little over 600 megabytes a piece. I'd like to be able to do the same thing with my video downloads from Itunes, but handbrake won't let me pull them up.

Basically what I'm trying to figure out is how to make my itunes movies and tv shows smaller. Im a newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

if you bought them off iTunes, then they are protected files, not sure you can actually shrink purchased files.

4. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

well i've found video at bitrates low as 175kbps for video and 112kbps are plenty for watching on an iPod or iPhone.

but i've had the same exact problem as you. i can't seem to compress anything i bought off of iTunes. one windows program was able to transcode it.. but the file it created was unreadable.

idk.