Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Muswell Hill, London
hi
can anyone help, used Blacksn0w yesterday to unlock my 02 iphone for vodafone, all seemed to work ok, wi-fi wasnt an issue but since then my 3G and bluetooth doesnt work and MMS not longer works, looked in loads of forums and posts but no one else seems to have this problem, any one help?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
have you checked to see if the network data details have not been erased? I found this happend to me with my orange details when I rebooted my phone not long after unlock.

settings --> general --> Network --> Cellular Data Network

if the details are blank this could be why your 3G and MMS might not be working perhaps.

apple8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Muswell Hill, London
have you checked to see if the network data details have not been erased? I found this happend to me with my orange details when I rebooted my phone not long after unlock.

settings --> general --> Network --> Cellular Data Network

if the details are blank this could be why your 3G and MMS might not be working perhaps.

just checked-yeah they'll all blank, how do i get them back? I've tried the network settings reset and a reboot but still not there/working

apple8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Muswell Hill, London
Try this:

Go to: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28165&st=72

Look in post no 73 by Sticks221, it includes an ipcc file for you to download and install.

Once you have the MMS symbol in the sms screen, test sending and receiving MMS. You may need to get Vodafone customer services to enable MMS on your account

tried going on his site via the iphone but he doesnt list vodafone uk on there so tried to download the ipcc file, but where he says 'C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1' i get a 'windows cannot find error' and also (dont know if i'm doing it wrong but i also cant 'change the file type'

apple8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Muswell Hill, London
tried going on his site via the iphone but he doesnt list vodafone uk on there so tried to download the ipcc file, but where he says 'C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1' i get a 'windows cannot find error' and also (dont know if i'm doing it wrong but i also cant 'change the file type'

the problem maybe-when i download the file is isnt called '.zip' like the posts say it should be, therefore i cannot change the name of it like it says you need to, if i unzip it doesnt show in itunes
(found the 'setprefint' thing-i'd mistyped it :( )

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Well it's definitely a zip file, see the pic of what I get when I click the link in the post:

If you save it, then right-click it and choose rename, you should be able to delete the .zip extension so you just have it ending .ipcc

Right click here if you are confused, then choose "save link as" --> link

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 57
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.