Help Slow iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Megafast13, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Megafast13 macrumors newbie

I finally got my 3G unjailbroken. Unfortunately I think it actually runs slower running iOS 4.2.1. Now I have disabled the Spotlight, cleared my icons, and done the "dead reboot" several times, but it is still quite hesitant.

Should I just jailbreak it. Is there a specific jailbreak that is lighter and quicker than some others. All really use is Facebook anyway. I'm used to my dad's lightning fast iPhone 4 :(

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Jailbreaking an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.x will make it slower.

Many claim that iOS 3.1.3 was the last OS for the iPhone 3G that worked for them (fast), and I thought I read somewhere that Apple was allowing iPhone 3G owners to downgrade their device back to iOS 3.1.3, but I'm not 100% if thats still possible.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Try Whited00r. It helped my aging first generation iPod Touch seem a tad bit faster. Granted your 3G won't become iPhone 4 fast, but you'll get some nice IOS 4 features which should run slightly better than it currently does.

http://www.whited00r.com/?page_id=485

4. Megafast13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help guys, I will give both a try

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go down to 3.1.3
    But even on that an iphone 3G feels like a snail if you used a 3GS or iphone 4 before.

6. matitalatina macrumors newbie

Downgrade your iPhone 3G to 3.1.3... Trust me, I did it months ago. It's far better now ;). Before that I tried a lot of things like you but it was always slow.

7. Megafast13 thread starter macrumors newbie

As for the 3.1.3 downgrade, what am I actually going to be losing from a functionality standpoint from 4.1.2.

8. matitalatina macrumors newbie

The applications support is the only thing I miss. Some apps don't have iPhone OS 3.0 compatibility like voip and video recorders ones. Say goodbye to Google+ app if you used to use it. Say goodbye to folders too.
    But I prefer to have 3.1.3 without some applications, because I was attempted to throw it out of the window when it had 4.1.2... It was too slowly!
    Backgrounder is better than native background because I choose apps I want to have in background: iPhone 3G has only 128MB of RAM.

9. Megafast13, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

Megafast13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well... All I have to say is WOW. I can't believe how much quicker it is lol. It does look a bit old school with the home buttons/dock and the Earth logo haha. But Thanks for the help everyone!!!