[Help] Slow MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vSuprrra, Jul 8, 2013.

1. vSuprrra macrumors newbie

Hey guys im new here...I have a macbook pro 13'' 2.8 GHz, Intel Core i7, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, about a year and a half ago, about 256 songs, very few pictures, few apps downloaded and there are times that it runs slow, sometimes freezes for several seconds etc... Any suggestions to resolve? Or give a speed boost?

2. Buckaye macrumors member

Hi.. I don't feel like this is enough information to go on... what are you doing when it runs slow? What applications are open? What do you mean freezing? etc.

3. vSuprrra thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm doing nothing, just using it, maybe iTunes open, Google Chrome, iMessages nothing more

----------

When i say freeze i mean, that the loading cursor pops up and i cant move it..

4. Buckaye macrumors member

Has this started just recently? Have you made any changes to the system recently? (like upgrade from 2 to 4 GB of ram?)

Have you updated software recently?

Is it the spinning wheel?

In any case - it sounds like something is wrong - you shouldn't be experiencing any noticeable slow-down or freezes doing what you are doing.

If you were streaming the content - I would suspect that, but I gather you are getting it off your HD?