Help: small Broken area on the Screen on the lower right portion of my macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sungajmf, Mar 2, 2010.

1. sungajmf macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

guys, how much would the repair of this damage will cost? geesh i forgot to remove my iphone wire/connector that was resting in the keyboard of my mac, then suddenly i accidentally closed the screen of the laptop. then afterwards, i heard a cracking sound. plain carelessness. :(

what should i do? will the replacement of this damaged glass costly? i do hope MacCenters in Manila can fix this. i'm heading tomorrow to the nearby MacCenter. :(
    thanks...v

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

They won't replace just the glass but the entire LCD top assembly so that's gonna be some $$$$ right there :(. Probably $300+ for just the part alone.

3. ThrawnTHX macrumors member

You could try to get this covered under Apple Care, but I think it would be tough explaining this as anything but carelessness/an accident.

4. sungajmf thread starter macrumors newbie

ouch...:( oh well i guess i have to bear with it instead. it's only a small crack. do you think i should put some protective screen over my screen to avoid the cracking to get worse?

thanks man. :)

5. sungajmf thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah same here i think it would be really tough. :(
    it was pure negligence on my part. btw is that apple care applicable to mac's which is 1 year and a half already?

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Powerbook Medic sells replacement glass for the Macbooks for $60.

Jatienza3 posted on the procedure
    To keep the cracking from getting worse I suppose you could try scotch tape. As for the Applecare it is too late to get it extended and they would not cover physical damage anyways.