Help! So confused (two beeps the first one is longer)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ejm160, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ejm160 macrumors newbie

Hey!

I've just changed to Mac in the last couple of weeks and my new mac keeps making this weird noise for no apparent reason, its none of the sounds that are in the sounds menu and happens at completely random times!

Its really hard to describe but is kind of like two beeps the first one is longer tho.

I'm so confused and not sure if i should be worried or not, any suggestions as to what it is?

I normally have Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, Skype and iTunes running when it happens

2. Planky macrumors regular

It's a bit difficult to say what might be causing this, have you got an audio recording you can post?

3. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

My Guess...

My guess would be that it is the notification system telling you that you have mail or some other message. If you click on the rightmost top icon which looks like a bulleted list of three items, it will inform you if "show alerts and banners" is activated. The alert may be the source of random beeps.

4. ejm160 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try get a recording of it today, and i will also have a look at that, thanks so much :)