Help - Software to Reroute/Shortcut keys to other keys.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tkelly888, Jul 28, 2010.

  1. tkelly888 macrumors newbie

    Jul 23, 2008
    So basically, my down arrow key popped off and I don't have time to go the Apple store for the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for some application that will let me set a key (or multitude of keys) to replace down.

    I tried looking online, but I could only find applications that let you launch applications or whatnot with shortcuts, but not just replace another key.


    Update: Well after looking even more, I found that Keyboard Maestro does what I want.
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604


    Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I haven't seen software on the Mac that will do specifically what you're looking for. But you might want to look at System Preferences>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts as you can set them using that.
  3. tkelly888 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 23, 2008
    Yea, I checked that, but it doesn't do what I'm looking for it to do (it only lets you set keyboard shortcuts for menu items).

Share This Page