iPhone HELP! Someone else's image was on my lockscreen???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lodawg, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Lodawg macrumors newbie

This is quite disturbing, never happened before and I couldn't find anything on it. I was hoping someone here will be able to shed some light on what happened and what I should do. Thanks in advance

So here's what happened. I was just hanging out with some friends when I received an email. Only thing was that an image of some bald dude with the name "Kenny" was behind the Notification Alert and on top of my wallpaper. I logged in, swiped through some pages and closed through power button. I logged in 2 more times and the image was still there. The 2nd time I logged in I was missing a bunch of apps and all folders were empty. I resprung my iPhone and still didn't get rid of it. It wasn't until I powered off that my phone went back to normal.

Has anybody else experienced anything else like this? What should I do?

~L

2. Dizle macrumors 6502

3. AppleTechGuy macrumors newbie

Help!!!

Have you sold any phones or ipods from previous times and not wiped them?

4. crazycanucks macrumors regular

5. Lodawg thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Do you have OpenSSH installed ?
    Were you in an area using public Wifi ?
    If so, have you ever changed the root and mobile passwords ?

7. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

Run to the hills, Kenny is coming! :D

But seriously, recently I noticed all my apps missing after a restart and I had to sync all over again with iTunes.
    It wasn't any email I received or anything I installed, just happened out of the blue. Maybe it was a coincidence for you? I don't know.

8. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

First time poster, weird-almost-impossible-if-not-completely-impossible issue.

I smell something here. And it doesn't smell pleasant.

9. Lodawg thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure if I had openssh. I do have SBS & iFile. I was near a public wifi but my wifi was off and I was on 3G. After I powered off I changed the root and mobile password right away.

It's the first and only time it happened. I don't normally post because I usually find an answer after digging through threads and forums. But in this case I can't find anything remotely similar. This is new to me and leaves me pretty freaked out if someone can get into your phone.

10. Batman89 macrumors 6502

11. Lodawg thread starter macrumors newbie

yah, I know right. Can't believe how some people have absolutely nothing else to do but sit in front of a computer and mess with other people just for kicks. There's a whole world out there, interact with real people.

Anyways, I haven't had anything weird happen with my phone since. It's only been a few days. I'm still hoping that someone else has experienced something similar and how they handled it.

thanks to everyone who tried to helping