Help: Speck Candyshell Iphone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by k3roro, Aug 31, 2010.

1. k3roro macrumors 6502

Hi guys!

I have a question for the Speck Candyshell Iphone 4 Users. I tried to do a search but I couldn't come up w/ anything.

I just got my Candyshell today in white and everything is nice, the case is super tight and I have a few question regarding the buttons.

The volume rockers: These are so hard to press, I actually have to make an effort to press these.

The on/off/sleep button: This button is weird, it feels very tight to the physical button, light presses will activate it, but there is no real "click" feel.

I am just wondering if this is the general thought and that my case is not the exception... aside from these two problems I have no complaints about the case at all, looks fantastic!

2. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I never had any issues with button presses on mine. I say it's a lemon.

3. Knightshade macrumors member

Either a lemon... or Speck has revised the case like they did the Pixelskin HD to make the buttons incredibly crappy.

4. k3roro thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, i'm not quite sure....

I actually just found a youtube video w/ a guy mentioning the weird sensitive of the sleep/wake/lock button but he doesn't seem to think the volume rocker is hard to press... I think it may be a subjective thing..

anyways here is the video if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhe56H9sUcc

still looking for more feedback :D

5. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

My wife's white CandyShell had the same problem. Here's what I did. Take the phone out of the case and with the eraser side of a pencil push out the power button from inside the case. This stretches the inner layer a bit and resolves (at least in this case) the problem. You can also try it with the volume buttons.