HELP: Spilled Some Wine on My Computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cosmo411, May 31, 2013.

1. cosmo411 macrumors newbie

So... funny story... my cat spilled some wine on my computer actually. The majority of it spilled around the computer actually (there were about 3 tablespoons in the cup and about 1 tablespoon worth actually spilled onto my computer).

However, my computer immediately went black and I'm waiting to let it dry and figure out what happened but I'm kind of confused. It was a very small amount of liquid but is it that it just hit the wrong spot or something (it was towards the upper left side of the computer). Do you have any advice for things I can do to fix it? I'm still under warranty and was actually having issues with this computer for a long time (brought it into the store like 4-5 times for the same issues) and now to have the warranty cancelled as a result of this would just really suck...

Any ideas or advice?

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Wait for it to dry for a while. Don't try to turn it on because you are impatient. But other than that, do you have a retina machine or a regular? You might want to open it up and wipe some isopropanol on the inside after it has been drying.

3. cosmo411 thread starter macrumors newbie

So I must admit to ignorance... I don't know anything about Macs but I got my Macbook Pro on Sept 2011. How do I take it apart? It seems to be one huge piece...

(to be honest, I've always preferred PC's since my experience with Macs has always been rather negative -- I have an 8 year old Dell back home that runs faster and more reliably than my 2 year old Macbook Pro, but I'm on the road a lot and rely on my computer so needed the ease of going into a store to have things fixed)

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

You open up the screws on the bottom with a pentalobe screwdriver if you have one.