Help!! Sporadic Logoff

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bloogersnigen, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

Occasionally. when I Fast User switch away from my user (to the login screen or another user account), the computer hangs for a sec, and then logs me off. What is going on?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Odd. Do you have the Log out after X minutes of inactivity option enabled, in Security under System Preferences? If not, then...are you trying to lock the computer by Fast User Switching to the login window? It doesn't actually log you out - all this does is puts the computer in a mode that forces you to know the account password to get back in. All your applications SHOULD still be running.

3. bloogersnigen thread starter macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

I do not have log out after x minutes enabled. The computer I use is used by 2 other users. When I switch to the login window to keep my applications open and allow them to use the computer (the point of fast user switching), sometimes it logs me off instead. Then i have to restart all my applications (which sucks when it has to check a 250GB iTunes library after an improper close). I have gotten in the habit of saving documents before i switch users, but this is a huge pain.