Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (stopping email on stolen iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rtyauch301, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Rtyauch301 macrumors newbie

my iphone has been stolen i know their is no way to track it but what im worried about is my email push how can i stop that if they put another sim in my phone or connect to wifi they will have all my email without a password...

2. LinMac macrumors 65816

If you change your password the push email should no longer work because the phone won't be able to authenticate.

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

What kind of cool stuff do you have in your e-mail?

Do what the guy above said and you should be fine.

Too bad you don't have mobileme and you could have remotely deactivated the phone.

4. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

i know who stole it i seen them it was at my house when i was working on my car sadly i couldnt get out from under my car fast enough to do anything about it gave the police his name and address which was right next door they just moved in. sadly all they did was take a report and knock on the door

6. Jinkst macrumors regular

Your next-door neighbour stole your iPhone and you went to the police first? Just go knock on Ned Flanders door and get the thing back...

7. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

haha good call

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Do you have mobileme so with the police's help you can locate it and arrest the perp.

If its your neighbor just walk up to him and confront him

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The perp. Snicker.

10. Hawke macrumors regular

I'm guessing that the OP didn't setup mobileme or Find My iPhone in mobile me was never set up. Either way the Find My iPhone feature does have its limitations but it is better to be safe than sorry. As for me, I agree.. confront your neighbour if you are certain it is he who stole your phone

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been watching too many episodes of Cops :p

12. tooz macrumors 6502

I prefer "unsub" personally

13. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol no crap i did but he wouldnt answer go figure then walked out n left in his car a few minutes after i left his front door

14. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Hmm, I don't know if the OP is bored today or if this is true. First post 2005, next four post today, for a total of 5. I hate to use post count, it just seems strange for his second post it's about ludicrous tale of a visible iphone theft by a next door neighbor.

So if it is true, sorry to hear that, if not good one!

15. Hawke macrumors regular

Post counts say nothing.. I have been here since 2007, and rarely post anything. Sometimes people use here for help, and advice, rather than chit-chat. Trust me, with the constant bickering, people can prefer to stay silent or just remain anonymous

16. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Only if you can't read between the lines.
    What about trolls that start MR accounts and there first post is a rant against Apple, or software vendors who also seem to post somewhere on Monday morning how to convert videos?

17. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

burn his house down. when he runs out side sneak back into his house steal the phone back and jump out the window before the house caves in.

18. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

so basically what your saying is just cause i ask how to stop push i should be banned or not taken seriously.. if i was trying to drive post count up u think i would have waited 5 years aside from that the question was answered and ill go back to forum browsing

19. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Did not say anything about being banned, did not infer it. The reference to post count was not inferring boosting post totals. These are all ideas in your head.

If you read my first post you'd see that I said I'm sorry you lost your iphone, other wise if this was a prank post, it's a good one.:D

20. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

i didn't know what the whole OP thing stood for and saying it could have been a prank post i just kinda took it outta context. im up set my phone is gone and im stuck with this AT&T contract. looks like im gonna have to pay the 399.99 they want for another. until then im stuck with a Sony Ericsson z500 which isn't anywhere close to an iphone. i wish i wouldn't have sold my BB

21. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

This makes no sense.

Get the wrench you were using to work on your car and go to your neighbor's house and get it back. He can't duck you for ever he lives next door.

Your resolution to knowing your neighbor stole your iPhone is to just shrug it off and get another one.

Is your next door neighbor a colombian drug dealer or Lou Ferrigno?

22. Rtyauch301 thread starter macrumors newbie

police picked him up yesterday he admitted to taking it but couldn't come up with the phone he is getting charged with theft 3 and is gonna be ordered to pay for the phone at full cost

23. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

Wow .. i m surprised the police did something. Usually i see post that police does not do much or take over 6 months do solve it.

24. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Well what a way to start off being neighbors!

25. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Unfortunately being ordered to pay doesn't exactly mean your going to get paid (at least not right away). If your neighbor is the type of person that would steal a piece of your property while in plain sight of you and think he will get away with it then I have a feeling your neighbor isn't the type of person that will listen to the police when he is ordered to pay you money.