Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

Periodically, my imac displays all this datistical information in graph form pertaining to some type of usage. The top and bottom of the screen has some type of black and yellow slanted stripes. Sort of like a traffic sign. In the middle is a bunch of graphs. This happens when my mac is in sleeo mode, I think. The worst part is that I can only get rid of it by rebooting the imac. What utility would/might do this and how might I turn this off?

Thanks so much.

Jay

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi

Periodically, my imac displays all this datistical information in graph form pertaining to some type of usage. The top and bottom of the screen has some type of black and yellow slanted stripes. Sort of like a traffic sign. In the middle is a bunch of graphs. This happens when my mac is in sleeo mode, I think. The worst part is that I can only get rid of it by rebooting the imac. What utility would/might do this and how might I turn this off?

Thanks so much.

Jay
Take a screen shot and post it.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I cant take a screen shot b/c it happens very intermitantly and I have no idea how to take a screen shot. I am hoping that someone might recognize the issue.

Thanks

Jay

Nov 28, 2010
located
I cant take a screen shot b/c it happens very intermitantly and I have no idea how to take a screen shot. I am hoping that someone might recognize the issue.

Thanks

Jay

Mister GGJstudios linked you to a guide on how to take screenshots, but since I am here, just use CMD+SHIFT+3 to make a fast snapshot when it occurs.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Wow: "datistical"; that should be a word!

I'd also check your screen saver settings since it seems to be triggered like one, and also Activity Monitor to see what's running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.