Help...Strange issue after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by awtryau89, Apr 30, 2011.

1. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Not new to jail breaking but this is the first time I have experienced this. I just jailbroke 4.3.2 on my AT&T iPhone 4 yesterday. Now when I respring I cannot receive calls on edge. I can make calls & send receive texts but not receive phone calls. 3G is fine. I can reboot the phone and all is fine on edge. Then I can respiring again and it goes straight to voicemail again.

I am probably going to wipe and try a clean install but wanted to solicit feedback here before going to the trouble. If anyone can help, pleas let me know if you have had or heard of this issue and have a solution. Thanks.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I've never heard of that happening. I think your best bet would be to restore it. If the issue doesn't happen after you restored it, rejailbreak it. Then see what happens.

3. italeki macrumors regular

After an iPhone 4 is jailbroken, Apple told me the warranty is made void. So I hope you can resolve your problem. I asked Apple how could they tell if an iPhone 4 was jailbroken, cause a person can easily reset it to the original state. The Apple person said they have a way to see history usage that would reveal a jailbroken activity, regardless.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's BS....

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

When I returned my iphone for speaker volume issues I did a restore the morning of the return. When I got there they couldn't do anything and nothing showed up on any of the tests they ran because of the restore. A restore is a restore...

6. awtryau89 thread starter macrumors regular

Just going to restore. I always save my unjailbroken backup and I have one from yesterday. I'll restore from that and try again.

7. italeki macrumors regular

The guy at Apple was adamant against Jailbreaking the iPhone 4 and voiding the warranty. He said with the specific hardware on the iPhone 4, they connect the phone to a computer which reveals old data that detects a jailbreak even after a factory reset of the phone.

8. Weiser878 macrumors regular

First of all, you shouldn't be discussing jailbreaking with any Apple employee.

Second of all, you seem gullible in your writing, so I'm guessing you come off even more so in person, so I think he was just feeding you something he knew you'd buy into

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    If you restore and setup as new without restoring from your old backup there wont be anything there for them detect like old JB data stored anywhere.
    But if the poster above wants to believe that then he shouldnt ever JB:D

10. italeki macrumors regular

Weiser878,

Pardon? I am only repeating what I was told by someone at Apple. The guy gave me this information because I had asked him if I could buy an iPhone without a contract. He suspected I was buying without a contract because I wanted to unlock with another carrier.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

1. There's no point in him thinking that, especially if you're in the States considering there's currently no unlock. ;)

2. Once you restore your iPhone to factory settings, there is absolutely no way to tell that you've jailbroken before. It's not like an Apple employee is going to try to restore your iDevice to old firmware to check for blobs.

12. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

I'm not so sure. My new (at the time) 3GS quit after a week (no signal) so I restored it twice to get things like MakeItMine off, and then took it in. When the tech was poking around inside of it with his computer, he shot me a look but didn't say anything. He did give a refurb, but I had the feeling he could tell it had been jailbroken.

As to discussing jailbreaking with Apple employees, I always show them my phone when I'm buying stuff there. Yesterday I showed the kid ringing me up my phone and he asked me how I did that. I told him that he knew how I did it, and he just smiled. A lot of the employees jailbreak their person equipment. They are phone nerds, too. :)

Oh, and jailbreaking is legal. The only thing it can do is void the warranty.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have exchanged 3 iPhones that were previously JB! I'm going to go by that and not Apple conspiracy theories.