HELP Stuck in reboot after update to 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jayes, Jul 3, 2014.

1. jayes, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

jayes macrumors regular

Not sure what to do next????:mad:
    I just attempted to update my iphone 5 to 7.1.2. It took a long time for the verification etc but thought I was home free when iTunes said phone was updated and was going to reboot.

Itunes shows it is updated, but the phone is stuck in a reboot. About 80% rebooted and going nowhere. Apple logo and progress bar is all I can see (all much darker than usual, but you can see it.) It's plugged into the computer.
    WHAT DO I DO NEXT?? I did, fortunately, back up just before doing the update. Do I pull the cable and try to reboot my phone? In iTunes, I can click on all the tabs and see what is on the phone. It's just that the phone is stuck!!!

PLEASE HELP!! I am not technie so appreciate the dumbed down version. :p

Edit: Did a hard reset as some of the others on this board have had to do and phone rebooted to lock screen. I'm thinking this was the last update I'm doing on this phone!!

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

there seems to be a lot of issues with this update, makes me nervous to update :rolleyes:

3. FinanceGalSF macrumors newbie

FinanceGalSF

iPhone stuck - iTunes offers ONLY Restore option

A search for iOS 7.1.2 problems came up with this article - we are not alone! I am going to have to do a Restore - the software does not offer to back up my iPhone first. I know I have iPhone backups on my Mac, but cannot access them because iTunes thinks my iPhone is "in Recovery Mode" - worst upgrade ever...
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/07/03/ios-7-1-2-problems-plague-iphone-users-yet-again/

4. FinanceGalSF macrumors newbie

FinanceGalSF

iTunes did not backup my iPhone despite Automatic Backup Option

Finished Restore which was required by iOS 7.1.2 upgrade glitch. Lost all photos taken since May 20, 2014. Despite iTunes being set to backup my iPhone every time it was cabled in, the most recent backup it could find was almost 2 months old. I synchronized my podcasts just two weeks ago via USB plug in to iTunes, so it should have a more recent backup. I had absolutely no other option except to restore my entire iPhone 5 via iTunes once the poisonous 7.1.2 had been installed. First and only time an upgrade caused so many problems. Nothing on Apple Support - hope this helps the next guy...

5. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I was but then thought sod it! All ok a battery seems a little better than before!

6. cdodsworth macrumors newbie

happened to me yesterday on all three of my IOS devices. Just hold down lock and home button to do a cold restart and when you go into settings/general/about you will see the update has been successful.

Just did an update on 12 devices here at work and all 12 of them got stuck on the last update screen as well so it seems to be affecting a lot of them

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

always a safe practice to sync before an update

8. jeefo007 macrumors newbie

help

How you fix it??? i have same problem with me ipad mini thanks

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried simply restarting the phone to see if it gets it working? If that doesn't work, you might need to use the recovery mode to reinstall the latest firmware and then restore from your backup.

10. jeefo007 macrumors newbie

Hi i am trying everything restore my ipad mini i try reset ipad nothing working my ipad mini still see on itunes but on ipad screen is still apple logo and rebooting again again but still show just apple logo i do not what i can doing! Thanks