Help! Stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rebirth83, Mar 21, 2013.

1. rebirth83 macrumors member

So I was downloading the new ipad update today and it was updating my ipad but I got an error and my ipad has been stuck in recovery mode since then. I tried the restore button but I get error 14 every time. So I don't know what to do. Then I read online you could delete the update from your computer and I just did that. But I'm left with the same problem I can when I redownloaded the software I got a correction error.
    I was wondering is there a way to restore my ipad without updating? I just want my ipad back before this whole mess

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google "iPad DFU” then follow instructions to put your iPad into DFU mode. Once it is in DFU mode, you should be able to restore through iTunes. After it is restored, you can then "restore from backup" -- hopefully you have a recent backup, either in iTunes or iCloud. When restoring from backup, make sure all your apps have fully redownloaded and reinstalled before using your iPad. This process may take several hours, and a common mistake is to start using the iPad before it is done, then panic when you notice that some apps are missing.