HELP! Stuck In Restore - ''This device isn't eligible for the request build''

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OllieDS, Sep 1, 2012.

1. OllieDS, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012

OllieDS macrumors member

Hi I need some help ASAP.

My phone hasn't been working right all day and iTunes has finally recognised it, I need to restore it so I can get it working again. However when I try to restore this is what happens:

[​IMG]

How can I fix this problem?

2. OllieDS thread starter macrumors member

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

What version of iTunes are you running? What firmware version are you trying to install?

4. OllieDS thread starter macrumors member

I'm on the latest version of iTunes and I'm not sure. My iPhone 4s was fully up to date before this happened to me today. I now have this:

[​IMG]

But when I plug it into my iTunes it says it must be restored which is obviously a good sign, but when it tries to restore I now get this message:

[​IMG]

I think I'm making progress, before it wouldn't even turn on but now its staying on fine but just won't complete the restore, any ideas?

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

It's possible that the USB is plugged into a low power port. Are you plugging the USB into a keyboard port? Try plugging it into a high power slot on your mac or plugging it into the wall for 20 minutes to let the battery charge more.

It does seem like you're making progress though. It seems the battery just needs more recharging before the restore.

6. OllieDS thread starter macrumors member

I attempted to do the restore 2/3 times and it got to the same point each time, the 4th time for whatever reason restored with no problems, guess its just one of them things.

All sorted now, thanks for your replies :)

7. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

It seems it just needed to charge up the battery a bit more. I'm glad it's all working now.