Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortenjensen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Hi all,
I am trying to update my 6s using iTunes - but the process is stuck. On the screen of the phone is the sign with the cable (connect to iTunes) - I do so, it starts to unpack the software and then writes: Waiting on iPhone. The screen on the phone goes black - and I can only get i back by pressing both bottoms for some time. Then iTunes says: Error 4013, could not update.

Is there a way I can boot my phone without it going into the update-screen?

Morten
[doublepost=1474019500][/doublepost]Update: I am trying to get it into DFU mode - but it will not turn off, that is: if i hold the on/off for 3 seconds, it powers off, but immediately powers on again (apple logo -> iTunes logo). The same happens if I hold both bottoms.

So I cannot get it into DFU mode which would be a solution, it seems.
[doublepost=1474019732][/doublepost]My question is simply: Is there a way to bypass the iTunes-screen on the phone and boot regularly - for example if disconnected to the mac. I haven't been able to get anything to work (hard reset etc ...)
[doublepost=1474020257][/doublepost]yikes, this is frustrating! I just followed a simple update procedure using mac/iTunes performing all the necessary steps ...

mortenjensen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Problem solved! A simple restart of the mac solved the problem ... not sure why, but it did :)
Morten

Reactions: 997440
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.