Help :( stuck on 4.2.1 recovery loop tried EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sat165, Apr 6, 2011.

1. sat165 macrumors regular

i restored my 4.2.1 jailbroken iphone back to normal 4.2.1 using tinyumbrella and my shsh, but afterwards i couldnt kick it out of recovery, not with the fix recovery button or the exit recovery in tinyumbrella

i then just resorted to restoring normally on itunes which would update it to 4.3.1 but it still came up with the error message at the end of the process and i STILL cant kick it out of recovery

i just tried recboot which isnt proving successful...what is wrong :(

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because you have TU on your PC and even when TU is not running, it is still pointing you to Cydia. So, what you need to do is as follow;

1. Open TU
    2. Click on advance tab
    3. uncheck the box "set hosts to Cydia on exit"
    4. click apply change at button at the corner lower right, then close TU
    5. connect your Iphone to your PC
    6. Put your Iphone into DFU mode.
    7. Click restore in itunes.

this should put your iphone back to the factory setting. Please try and report back if it is working.

3. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I went through the exact same thing for the past 2 days. Went to aplpe and they upgraded for me with out any problems. I finally get home and try to do it myself and the phone ended up in DFU mode and couldn't update. Went back to apple. Got a new Iphone and went home and tried again. Same exact thing with the new phone. Did some research on the net and came to the conclusion that I had a bad version of 4.3.1. Backed up all my files onto an external hard drive. Uninstalled Itunes and re installed. Now it works perfectly. Hope this helps.

4. Chester89 macrumors newbie

whats the topic is under discussion....I couldn't find the links working properly, probability is for a server problem...

5. scottuf macrumors 6502

if your goal is to re-jailbreak again then running GP will JB it and kick it out of recovery. if you aren't trying to JB, then TU should be able to do it. Took me a few tries though.

6. sat165 thread starter macrumors regular

this worked perfectly thanks :D