HELP! Student needs to use PPT online set to loop?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by brobson, May 17, 2017.

1. brobson macrumors 6502

brobson

My student cant download Keynote (she says her mac is too old) and so she created her ppt with MS PPT online. She cannot figure out how to loop it for her 1 1/2 presentation tomorrow.
    I uploaded it to slideshare but it doesnt have an option for that either. Any suggestions for her?

2. 960design macrumors 68000

Have student log into iCloud.com and use the online version of Keynote. You can use that version of keynote on anything: windows computer, mac, chromebook, linux, basically anything with a browser.

PS. No idea what you mean by 'looping it for her 1.5 (hour?) presentation. Can you explain?

3. brobson thread starter macrumors 6502

brobson

She needs to set it up to loop for an art show and cannot find that option with MS PPT Online. She says she cannot download Keynote. So the online version of Keynote will loop for 1.5 hours for her show?

4. kohlson macrumors 6502a

This may be an issue. According to MS, PPT Online is a basic web-based app -- the "heavy lifting" is for the desktop version. https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=HA102748564. According to a community-based response, PPT Online does not have this feature.

There are other free desktop slide apps, such as LibreOffice, but I hesitate to recommend at such a late hour - there's no telling how well it will translate.

Perhaps a better choice, if looping is an essential capability, is iCloud Keynote. If the student has an iCloud account, which is free, the PPT should be able to get sucked into this. Check for transition/animation errors. See the Transitions sidebar for auto play.
    hth

5. brobson thread starter macrumors 6502

brobson

she cannot find the looper after transferring to online keynote

6. 960design macrumors 68000

Sorry, seems very clear now, I miss understood. The online version of Keynote does not allow automatic looping, only automatic transitions to the end of the presentation. It would have to be manually restarted.

Keynote as an app either on Mac or iOS will loop the presentation.

7. dylanlewis2000 macrumors member

Another alternative.... time how long the presentation takes and then duplicate the slides x number of times, i.e. If she has 10 slides and they take 5 minutes then she will need to duplicate them 18 times.