Help?!?!?!? (syncing iPhone 3g to new computer)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheCoolestGeek, Dec 7, 2009.

1. TheCoolestGeek macrumors newbie

Ok so my POS PC crashed on me and I finally bought a MacBook Pro. The only problem is there any way I can sync my iPhone 3g to my new computer without losing everything? I don't have a way to retrieve the back up from my old PC but I did an update to OS 3.1.2 for my phone on my new mac book and it said it did a back up first. (BTW that took like 10 hours for some reason) So if it did a back up why is none of the info on my new iTunes? Please help me figure this out. Thanks. :confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The backup only saves your contacts, text messages, wallpapers, safari bookmarks,Call history, Mail accounts, YouTube bookmarks etc...
    The backup will not save your music, apps, videos, ringtones,photos, podcasts.
    Those are saved in itunes and If you didnt have those backed up they will be gone.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you have the music and pics on your iPhone, there is software to get it off and onto your Mac.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info, I knew there was something like that for ipods but didnt know those programs were compatible with iphones too.
    Any specific ones you'd suggest Aggie?

5. iPhoneStore.com macrumors newbie

Search in the app store... there is an app to export everything to back it up. I can't remember the name off hand though