Help Syncing iPhone to Outlook in Windows XP Parallels

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by highres, Dec 8, 2008.

1. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

After 2 weeks of trying to sync my employers new Blackberry Storm to Outlook 2002 in Windows XP via Parallels on his MacBook Pro and hours of tech support calls to BB and Verizon going over all sorts of software and USB connectivity issues, scouring the internet and Blackberry Support forums I finally convinced him to drop the BB for an iPhone!

Of course his next question was: Can I find a solution to syncing his new iPhone to his MS Outlook 2002 now! :eek:

Does anybody know a dependable software app that can sync an iPhone to MS Outlook 2002 in Windows XP Parallels? Is it even possible?

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

The blackberry desktop software does not work through VM Ware or Parallels. You will need to boot in to Windows through boot camp. Once you do that, you should be able to set it up to sync with Outlook 2002.

3. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

Doh! That is the ONE option I haven't tried! Apple user for many years and didn't think to actually boot in Boot Camp...I will post back and let everybody know if it works!

Thanks for the tip.

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

No problem at all. I used to support Sprint and Nextel Blackberries for a living.