Help Syncing iPhone w/ "Sync only checked songs and videos" only!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JamesMcCain, May 23, 2010.

1. JamesMcCain macrumors member

JamesMcCain

Note to non-potential helpers. Yes, I've already searched (including google) this particular issue.

Question/Problem: I'm trying to sync ONLY checked songs and videos. However iTunes is not syncing the music/videos to the iPhone it is.
    I have 3.1.3 (non-jailbroken), I have restored and even cleared my iTunes library files and started over. There is nothing on my iphone aside from the few apps I have. I have included SS of the setup, can someone please tell me what I am missing/doing wrong. Pleaseee make me look dumb...

Note: I've also selected all and checked and unchecked my library, also selected sync music (and tried unchecked sync music)... wtf am I missing?!

Also note: Yes I can create a playlist and sync just the playlist, however I'd like to try this approach since A. its there (and supposedly possible) B. Its easier (to me at least) to just select what I want to sync.

Any Advice or pointers?

2. foranor macrumors regular

You're selecting songs at the wrong place.
    You select them in your library, you have to select them in the sync-part of iTunes, though.
    See attached Screenshot

Attached Files:

• ss.bmp
      File size:
      163.3 KB
      Views:
  3. JamesMcCain thread starter macrumors member

JamesMcCain

really?
    I thought just checking everything under the music tab would sync regardless, neglecting the "sync only checked music and videos" being checked.

4. zainab783 macrumors newbie

these songs and itunes are so good and really i like them so much and apple company has introduced some great things here so many thanks for your such nice sharing i have learn so many things from there.