Help Syncing Outlook 2011 with SP1 Iphone Pop Mail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jondappleseed, Apr 12, 2011.

1. jondappleseed macrumors newbie

Ok, I must be a bonehead, but can't figure out how to get my calendar on Outlook 2011 with SP1 installed to sync with my iPhone (I'm using pop mail, not exchange and no mobile me). Can someone post the steps?

And yes, the cable is plugged in, outlook is open, iTunes is open, settings in sync services are checked, left shoe is on left foot, etc.

Thanks for the help!

2. Andover Tabler macrumors newbie

Me too

Hi

I'm hoping that someone has an answer to this, as I'm suffering the same issue.

Best regards,

Nigel

3. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

Me too. Just spent 4 hours on this with no joy. But I suppose that's no time at all trying to solve an MS software problem.

4. call-151 macrumors newbie

This might help:
    http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/offi...category=2cb8ab7b-391b-4837-bec3-a0119e34fc67

5. jondappleseed thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mypins macrumors newbie

Still no sync

Same here. No way to sync other than contacts. Instructions on Office website is not what I see on my desktop.

7. BlackMagik macrumors newbie

Im having the same problem. Syncs just contacts... office 2011 sp1

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

9. cbronfman macrumors 6502

iCalDAV

I'm not sure about Outlook so possibly I shouldn't be answering (I use Entourage), but if you have upgraded to iCalDAV sync won't work as sync services is no longer supported. By May 5th, to sync through MM, you need to upgrade to iCalDAV and hence give up on syncing.

10. mypins, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

mypins macrumors newbie

Finally got Outlook Calendar and iPhone to sync after SP1 update

Took me 6 hours but I figured this out. Once it works, it works nicely!

After the SP1 update there was no change in the Sync Services window in Office. So, I reinstalled Office. Then updated to SP1. Now I had the correct Sync Services 3-pane window, but the panes were not populated (nothing to choose; i.e., calendar, contacts, tasks, etc). So I went into Library-Preferences and deleted all the Outlook .plist files. Restarted my MacBook Pro, relaunched Office and clicked on Sync Services. Now the panes were populated, I selected Calendar, contacts, tasks and notes and followed the instructions as per call-151's link (see his post in this thread). Now Outlook syncs with iCal and Apple Address Book, etc.

A few other notes: during this process I opened up iSync and reset the sync history. And I had to deselect sync services in Entourage because Outlook and iCal picked up these calendar entries and I ended up with multiple entries in all applications. In the end I actually deleted the Office 2011 Main identity, restarted Office 2011 and then imported a clean Entourage database to quickly reinstall all of the calendar entries with no duplicates. Hopefully you won't have to do this.

Now with everyhting all cleaned up, I connected my iPhone and in iTunes I saw all of my Outlook calendar categories. Selected all, synced the iPhone and everything was transferred over. Looks great!

Hope this helps.

PS: Adding, deleting calendar entries on the iPhone syncs right into Outlook without any issues...even the right category!

11. fowler85 macrumors newbie

I've followed your steps, and got the syncronizing to work. However, when I add new entries in Outlook no changes are made in iCal, meaning no further syncronization with iPhone either. In other words, the sync was only successfull when I activated Sync Services, but has not been afterwards. Do you have this same problem? Or maybe a tip on how to solve it?

12. mypins macrumors newbie

Is iSync enabled? I assume yes based on your question. If yes, have you tried to reset the sync history? This is what I had to do. Let us know if this works!