Help Syncing Spreadsheets to iDisk

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by kujayhawk, Aug 7, 2010.

1. kujayhawk macrumors newbie

So I am trying to sync Excel files onto my idisk, for easy opening on my iphone. The problem is when I put the files on my idisk (on the computer they are excel files) and open them on my iphone they are not recognized as excel files and therefore won't open. Going back to my computer, they are still saved as excel, so I am thinking the fact that they are excel documents is somehow getting "lost." Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have a solution?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

Check excel version or format

For testing I just exported an excel file using iWork Numbers 09. Uploaded to iDisk mobile and I can read it OK.

Check the Excel version/format and try again. Maybe mobile iDisk don't run Excel 2007 format.

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

4. kujayhawk thread starter macrumors newbie

some of the spreadsheets are readable, but only 2 of 100...:mad:...they all are either .xslx or .xslb, I would love to use numbers but it is not feasable to go back to all my documents from the 90s and export them over, much less teach other people how to use numbers with my files. Does anyone else know of anything that might help???