HELP Systems Failure Trap CPU

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fishtalk, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Fishtalk macrumors regular

My old Pismo has been freezing for a couple of weeks now...But always managed to reboot with crash stop.
    This time when it froze I got large black line's with SYSTEMS FAILURE TRAP CPU.
    I manage to reboot and close it down normally but.... I can boot but it only stays on for about half an hour then freezes again....does this mean that my Ordi is dead...or is there something I can do about it.
    I Did have all my stuff backed up on a ext FW HD but for the moment all I have to work with is a PC Laptop which I suppose will not work on the Ext HD.
    Thanks for any advice

2. Fishtalk thread starter macrumors regular

Could a "Systems Failure Trap CPU" message....

Be a RAM problem again....
    In the past two years I've replaced my old RAM twice.... seem to fix it.
    Last one went about 3 months ago so I pulled out the 246 and left it running with just the " New" (bought about two years ago) .512 Now its starting to freeze up again if I leave on for more that half an hour.... Getting black lines with Systems Failure Trap CPU
    Problem is that I dont have a spare RAM and before going through the hassel of finding and OLD Pismo RAM on eBay...just wondering if this could be problem again.
    PISMO G3 running Panther.... i know I shoud buy something more "recent" but for the moment I'm broke and looking for the cheapest solution.
    Thanks for any Idea's.