Help!?!? (TC-TM)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeo.xk, Mar 31, 2009.

1. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Ok, so, for those that have not ever seen me arround, yes, I'm a newb to Mac...

I got me the 17" MBPU with the 2.93ghz 7200rpm hd, today I pick up a time capsule and got it working, that part was easy, after doing some playing with the MBP and trying a bunch of programs I wanted to get rid of what ever was left over after deleting the files, so, since I just got this set up, I may as well use it... Try at least, I followed all the steps, (get the cd in, intall, conect time capsule with the ethernet cable, click on utilities, restore, etc...) At boot up, all of the icons at the dock were just question marks, and none of them would work.

So I just went ahead and put the cd back in, and did a format to start all over, now, when the install is done, it just goes to the desktop, my passwords were all set up, even tho I asked it to erase and install during the format proses... Did I do anything wrong, am I missing anything? I'm just gona delete the old backup files and create new ones now.

And before someone tells me to go use the search option, I did, but I had no luck...

2. InTheKnow22 macrumors newbie

This occurs when your backup files were corrupt.

3. romeo.xk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lucky me!!! But my guess would be that is better it happend now, and no a few month down the road when I could have lose lots of info...:( But still sucks!!!

Any idea on anything I could do to prevent it from happening again?

4. InTheKnow22 macrumors newbie

To be honest with you, I have never experienced that problem nor researched it. It doesn't happen often. Now, granted, it's entirely plausible that it was something else. I would absolutely be on the lookout for any odd behavior, and be sure to take not.

I suggest downloading ONYX and running that.