Help - Terrible static sound in my recording

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by KarenVM, Nov 2, 2010.

1. KarenVM macrumors newbie

Hi! after searching and searching and reading reviews I bought a Canon Vixia HF M 31 and a Azden WLX Pro wireless microphone to have a good quality video trainings.
    I started recording and I got a terrible static sound in the recording, even if the mic is off or if I plug somthing else the static is there…the quality of the sound is terrible…I contacted Canon but the only solution the gave me was to send the camera back, and now I’m in Australia recording!!! I’m getting so frustrated..
    Any ideas…??? Any suggestions that don't imply fixing the issue with software?
    My email is karenvega@hotmail.com, I'd really appreciate any help
    THANKS!

2. boch82 macrumors 6502

It could be a few settings.

Do you have it set to take in a line or mic or mic +48 as the audio input. A line level signal is much louder and will cause distortion is the mic is putting out a mic level signal.

Check to see if there is any dust in the mic input as that could cause a bridge of current.

Is this happening with the internal mic? or just the external input?

The last thing to check is how you are adjusting the audio levels as they come into the camera. Do you have the volume set to auto? It should always be set to manual and adjust the level as needed. Otherwise the mic will always adjust to ambient noises as well as the subject and push levels too much.