Help! The apple upgrade refund.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sv2, Apr 28, 2008.

1. sv2 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I just got my new iMac last week and I'm loving it. :) But now the new Imacs came out. I don't really mind, I'm happy with what I got.

But my question is. (on apple's website) Isn't there some "apple upgrade refund" for lack of a better term? I heard if they release a new version 30 days or less after you purchase the older one, they refund the difference. Is that true? I searched on their site but couldn't find anything.

Help is appreciated :cool:

2. stevegmu macrumors regular

There wasn't really a price reduction, just an increase in specs, so you are probably out of luck. I'd call Apple just in case, though.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html

3. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I'm thinking that they upgraded the specs while DROPPING prices at the same time. I'm SURE that you'll get a refund if you ask nicely.

4. snapper64 macrumors regular

I would take it back to the store and try and get it exchanged.

5. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I got the 20 inch, 2.4 iMac on Saturday. I called the store on Monday to see what options I had. The Store Manager offered me:

1. $200 refund to keep the one I already opened. This is on top of the education discount I used. This is in addition to the education discount I used.

or

2. Pay a 10% restocking fee, bring back the old one (with the box, packing, and everything in good shape) and get the new one.

$200 is good.

6. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

WTF this is one reason Im happy I bought mine last year at Best Buy I had 30 DAYS exchange. The new Imacs came out and I brought back the old one and upgraded to the new one.

7. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

From what I've read online, if you bought direct from Apple (online or in store) within 14 days of the new models coming out, the price match refund is $200 for the 24" and the higher end 20", and $100 for the entry level 20" iMac. The refurb iMacs also qualify for various refund amounts as well depending on the model.

8. sv2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got a customized one (2.8 cpu , 1gb RAM, 320 gb hdd) so I don't know if I will be eligible for a refund. I will call tomorrow though.

9. uhoh macrumors newbie

if you go into an actual apple store they will take care of you. call in to the store if your skeptical. or call 1 800 apl care for the online support

10. uhoh macrumors newbie

if you go into an actual apple store they will take care of you. call in to the store if your skeptical. or call 1 800 apl care for the online support