help: the iphone's original arialuni.ttf

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by talazem, Nov 22, 2007.

1. talazem macrumors newbie

In trying to gain multilingual support, I downloaded a copy of arialuni.ttf from a site. While it does give more glyphs, it also makes reading some emails impossible; effectively the line spacing between the Latin letters has shrunk.

As such: could someone help some of us out? Could someone either post the iphone's original arialuni.ttf font (found under /System/Library/Fonts/Cache), or upload it somewhere with a link thereto? Barring that, email?

Thanks in advance.

2. agoo7 macrumors newbie

I have got the same problem after installing arabic arialuni.ttf file. Stupid me didn't backup the original file. Please someone upload this file in rapidshare or email me to ag_oo7@yahoo.com or post download link here.

I also got problem with typing in vt100 terminal. lines get overlapped . I have uploaded a picture of my problem with vt100 terminal here:

h**p://rapidhsare.com/files/72155280/070306152051.jpg.html

:(

3. talazem thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all, I'd just like to take a moment to thank everyone who offered their help. :rolleyes:

Second of all, here is a link to a copy of arialuni.ttf that fixes the problem (i.e. the font is readable again on the iPhone), and still provides other right-to-left languages to be read on Safari.

http://rapidshare.com/files/70430782/arialuni.ttf.html

4. janph76 macrumors member

janph76

Thanks for posting the original font...I've been searching everywhere for this