Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpcoady

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I posted about this before, but didn't get a response, so I thought I would try it again. The problem is occurring in Apple Mail 3.0 (Leopard).

I've noticed that when replying to an email sent that same day, the beginning of the quoted text reads "On 9:00 PM, at 9:00 PM..." if I were to write it at 9:00 PM. If I reply to an email older than a day, it correctly has "On February 3rd, at 9:00 PM..."

I can't say for sure how long this has been going on, but it's driving me crazy. By no means is it a major issue, it's just a small detail that's really bugging me. Perhaps it's a Leopard thing, but I was hoping someone else out there has an idea of how to solve it.

Thanks.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Are you running 10.5.1? I've only been using Leopard for a week and haven't noticed this problem myself.

mpcoady

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I figured it out. For some reason, the selected region was "Custom" under System Preferences > International. on my computer. I changed it to "United States" and that did the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.