Help this Shop has it scammed me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dolphinblue, Sep 29, 2016.

1. dolphinblue macrumors newbie

dolphinblue

I purchased a Leather watch strap for my new watch for 95 euro from a online store in Netherland
    http://www.signstimepieces.com

Purchased it on 21 September and 11 days after the order status still say "Waiting for product"
    That is too long
    Emailed them after 4 times they answer this

"Yes, we expect to send you the strap end of next week.
    ( This type of strap has to come from factory in Italy)
    You'll receive an email as soon we ship out"

End of next week has now come today and still no change in status, no email from the store.

I paid with Paypal, should i contact paypal telling them i did not recive the product?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Absolutely. Contact PayPal. They usually are proactive in situations like his. You have buyer protection. Good luck.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Thankfully PayPal favors the buyer - you should get quick refund.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Part of the FAQ from that online store site:
    It appears that site considers 1 month to be too long, and they state that on their site,
    And, also that they will e-mail you within the first 48 hours about the delay. Seems that they missed that first e-mail, although they did finally give you an update on the order.
    And, if you haven't got an e-mail when they shipped, then I will guess they haven't received the strap yet.
    They can't ship something they don't have.

I think you could wait for the 30 days (just my opinion)

5. dolphinblue thread starter macrumors newbie

dolphinblue

Thanks DeltaMac, I have not recived email 48 hours after.
    I am not going to wait 30 days I already contacted Police in netherland and will contact Paypal soon

6. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Seems like contacting the police over 95 euro before contacting Paypal is a little overboard ... but that's just my opinion.

Just call Paypal and have them stop the payment. Make sure you have all of your records and emails between you and the company.

7. dolphinblue, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

dolphinblue thread starter macrumors newbie

dolphinblue

I remember i got scammed by another shop in usa buying clothes they never sent me the tshirt
    i should have called paypal on that matter, also once i was looking for a house and lost 500 euro by sending the rent in advance by western union i shouldnt have done that i did never get the money back.
    I have made many purchases over internet and have been lucky i was only scammed once or twice

This time i will make sure i am not scammed again so yes i will contact paypal about this store if they stand idle
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    I was looking for a holliday in europe and found a house i liked by a internet advertisment
    because of high fees i went private not through Real state big mistake.
    This guy showed me photos of the whole apartment and we talked over skype, everything seemed okey
    he just wanted 1 month rent in advance 500 euro by western union then i could get to his house and move in.
    I shouldnt have sent money in advance 500 euro he got from me, western union said they could not investigate it.
    i should have gone to the police to get money back.

Now after this I am very aware now of online stores now that not hold their promise and not ship out products.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    Update: Got a email back from http://www.signstimepieces.com
    They giving me a refund because they said it take 2 months to get the watch strap
    Thats disapointing, but atleast they sent out a Refund to paypal

In paypal the refund say Pending, is not in my acount yet.
    How long does it take until is in my bank acount?

8. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Even contacting PayPal before asking the company for a refund is a little overboard. And as we see from later posts they seem to have no problem giving the OP a refund.

10. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

It seems that the OP did contact the vendor, but may be a little impatient.

Anyways, the vendor is refunding the money and doesn't seem to be a scammer.

11. mpetrides macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Impatient? I think not. The company's own website says they will notify within 48 hrs if unable to fulfill order within 1 month. He received no such notification AND received additional false emails regarding ship date. I wouldn't tolerate this behavior either. Not with 95 Euros at stake.

12. flashy-cat macrumors regular

flashy-cat

I stopped reading after "Western Union" :rolleyes: