Help to Crossfire with ATI Radeon HD 5770 x2 for Windows on Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by timidhermit, Jun 30, 2015.

1. timidhermit macrumors regular

It was suggested to me by other forum members to repost my previous thread on this subforum to seek better help with my questions:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-ati-radeon-hd-5770-x2-on-macpro-5-1.1895954/

There is the original post:

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with a stock ATI Radeon HD 5770.

I recently purchased another genuine Apple (not Apple-flashed) ATI Radeon HD 5770 and installed it in the Mac Pro.

Both cards are working fully and independently on Yosemite and on Windows 7.

I want to now set up the two cards using Crossfire to use for both Mac and Windows (dual boot).

My questions:

1. Is it possible to crossfire two stock genuine Apple ATI Radeon HD 5770? Both cards have fingers that are seemingly for the Crossfire bridge connectors.
    2. Where do I buy the Crossfire bridge connectors? Does ATI or Apple sell the bridge connectors for 5770? Is the bridge connector different for the different models?
    3. I am using the BootCamp driver 5.1.5621 that has built-in ATI Catalyst driver support. Is this sufficient to run Crossfire?

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Bootcamp drivers are typically much older than drivers direct from AMD, so you should download AMD's catalyst drivers and in the settings, enable crossfire.

IIRC, you don't need a bridge connector for two 5770s as it didn't really help performance, but I could be remembering that incorrectly and thinking of a different model.