Help to find Recommendation for Cheap ASP.NET Hosting in UK

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MonsterUniverse, Feb 6, 2015.

1. MonsterUniverse macrumors newbie

Hi Experts in this forum,

I'm actually want to host my site and I use ASP programming. In main domain, I plan to use ASP.NET and for my blog (blog.mydomain.com), then I want to use Wordpress. Anyone have great recommendation for windows hosting that support ASP and Wordpress?

My requirement is simple:

- Disk space just 3-5 GB
    - Bandwith 20 GB
    - At least 1 MSSQL database
    - 1 MySQL database
    - 5-10 subdomains
    - 5-10 emails account, storage around 200 MB

I have tried to find it on google and I found many hosting providers that offer ASP.NET hosting. There is 1 hosting provider that I would like to know more, it is hostforlife.eu. I have traced their record from November. I see their plan is very interesting and quite affordable. Anyone have experience with this hosting provider?

2. That-Guy macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Been using Vidahost as my hosting provider for around 5 years for my blog and they have been great with both support and uptime. They are UK based and have build their own data centre so everything is managed in house.

They have loads of hosting packages available but I'm sure you can contact them for custom packages too.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I am a bit confused because:

1. Wordpress is a blogging platform
    2. Wordpress is written in PHP

Also - have your thought of hosting wordpress on Azure as you will pay for what you use?

4. Flood123, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Yes, Wordpress is php. What I think the OP is saying is that there will be a subdomain set up with wordpress for the blog portion of the site. The blog will live on the same server as the main web application which will be written in ASP.NET.

5. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Thank you - I get it now.

I read this as ASP.NET for the blog and Wordpress for some future project.

6. Geronal macrumors newbie

Do you need it to be UK only? I'm using softsyshosting.com to host my ASP.NET based website and fully satisfied with their performance. Guess they're having now a UK data center facility as well.

7. MonsterUniverse thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for your suggesstion. Azure is costly, I dont want to go with them. Softsyshosting is great option too but they are VPS right? I dont require VPS, just shared hosting that support both ASP.NET and PHP.

How about UKWindowsHostASP.NET? Who ever try them? I have read good reviews from users about their services too.

----------

Yes, that's correct. For main site, I will use .NET and for subdomain called blog, I will install wordpress, so I need hosting provider that support this feature. And must UK providers.

8. mac.love macrumors newbie

check with geekion.com i think they have good offers for ASP.NET hosting

9. MonsterUniverse thread starter macrumors newbie

Geekion? This is new hosting provider? I never heard about their name. Thank you for your help. I have just registered with hostforlife.eu 2 weeks ago. So far so good..