Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Not to be rude but why jailbreak when you didn't bother reading brief instructions?

A few fair warnings on the official evasi0n reads:

- Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Until we fix that, please restore your device to 7.0.x with iTunes first.

- If you get an error on OS X 10.8/10.9 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.

Requirements - A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)

Good job, we've told him numerous times to update his Mac but he doesn't listen.

fogpub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Finally after the lonnggggg upgrade, all was good.. until this!!

Next what??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 20.44.56.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 20.44.56.png
    339 KB · Views: 77

fogpub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Somehow, I managed to get evasion started on my mac and reached till i get evasion logo on my phone and select it.

it modifys and then the application shuts.

NO CYDIA!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Help to Jailbreak Iphone 5 on 7.0.6

pretty sure he did the ota update before the jailbreak attempt

I know. You're not supposed to, even if it was to 7.0.6.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason for all the errors. Since restoring will get you to 7.1, better luck next time.

Last edited:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Help to Jailbreak Iphone 5 on 7.0.6

But i am still on 7.0.6 and haven't upgraded to 7.1

I understand that, but, from 7.0.4 you updated to 7.0.6 using OTA on your phone. Correct? Are you just not reading what anyone is saying in this thread?

fogpub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I understand that, but, from 7.0.4 you updated to 7.0.6 using OTA on your phone. Correct? Are you just not reading what anyone is saying in this thread?

Yh i am reading it. I even mentioned, i upgraded to 7.0.6 on wifi.

is that the only reason for me not getting cydia?? isn't there any other way??

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
I know. You're not supposed to, even if it was to 7.0.6.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason for all the errors. Since restoring will get you to 7.1, better luck next time.

why are you not suppose to? what's the point of apple giving us that option then

I'm confused with that statement

fogpub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I am confused with everything. can I jailbreak or no???

----------

Will the following steps help??

Plug your iPhone into your PC
Launch evasi0n 7 from you PC again
Click on Jailbreak
When Evasi0n asks you to click on the Evasi0n icon on your Home screen, DO NOT DO IT
Instead, disconnect your iPhone from the PC
Press on the Evasi0n icon until wiggles – delete it by tapping the cross in the corner
Reboot your iPhone and the Cydia icon should now be back. If it is, you can go ahead and restore your data from your iTunes or iCloud backup.
If it doesn’t come back you will need to follow the steps above to restore and start again.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
pretty sure he did the ota update before the jailbreak attempt

we are speaking in context of the jail-break....

For the SAKE of the jailbreak. Lol. What is so hard to understand?

my original post was pretty clear

again, I'm pretty sure he did the OTA update before any attempt at jailbreaking and if he did then it has absolutely nothing to do with his problem at jailbreaking

allthatjazz

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
my original post was pretty clear

again, I'm pretty sure he did the OTA update before any attempt at jailbreaking and if he did then it has absolutely nothing to do with his problem at jailbreaking

again from the evasi0n site: - Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Until we fix that, please restore your device to 7.0.x with iTunes first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.