Help to unlock already jailbroken iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rraymondddh, May 8, 2010.

1. rraymondddh macrumors newbie

So i now have my cousins iphone which is already jailbroken, but not unlocked. it was originally 3.1.2 and he downgraded it to 3.0 and then jbed it with redsn0w. the baseband is at 5.11.07. How would i go about unlocking it?

I am reading about unlocking with blacksn0w, but i have a couple of questions. Do i have have to upgrade the firmware then re jb and then unlock? Are there any other solutions to unlocking?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Blacksn0w is the only option for 5.11.xx

3. rraymondddh thread starter macrumors newbie

so do i have to upgrade my firmware first, then re-jb and proceed to unlocking? or can i stay on 3.0 and just use blacksn0w?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You said it's jailbroken with Redsn0w. Add Blacksn0w repo in Cydia and run Blacksn0w.

5. rraymondddh thread starter macrumors newbie

it says that i need firmware 3.1. how do i go about upgrading, and if i do, i lose my jailbreak correct? the thing is that the current jailbreak is untethered, and idk if i will be able to have untethered jb if i upgrade.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Upgrade to 3.1.2 (not 3.1.3), re-jailbreak with redsn0w, then add the repo http://blackra1n.com/ in Cydia and install the package blacksn0w.