Help! Total iTunes newbie, where is my download?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jenfavre, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jenfavre macrumors newbie

Sorry for the total newbie question but I'm really stumped.

I recently downloaded a free CD i got with purchase of tickets at Ticketmaster and I can't for the life of me figure out where it downloaded. I checked My Music/iTunes/ and the only thing in there are a bunch of 6-7MB tmp files named iT 1.tmp, iT 2.tmp, etc. There's also a folder in there called iTunes Music but the only things in there are a few files from a CD I imported months ago. Am I looking in the wrong place? :confused: I have a pre-order I'd like to download now but I'm afraid to until I figure out where it's going to end up.

Thanks!

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

If you downloaded the CD it should be on your desktop. Otherwise, do a spotlight search ( apple + space ) and do a search on your computer.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The default location of downloads is on the desktop, so if the file (CD) isn't there then do a spotlight search for the file .. Telp's post is showing the Key - Combo for Spotlight

4. jenfavre thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally found the files... on my laptop :rolleyes:

I guess I had forgotten that's where I downloaded them. They still weren't on the desktop though. My default folder seems to be My Music/iTunes.

Thanks for your replies. I'll try not to panic so quickly next time :eek:

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Becuase you donwloaded it from itunes it may just go right to your music folder. Any other download should go to your desktop.