HELP. Touch freezed during Ziphone break

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by klcc88, May 3, 2008.

1. klcc88 macrumors member

Ok...tried jailbreaking with Ziphone 3.0 on my new iTouch 32 on 1.1.4

did everything they said, and the screen on my itouch is now saying

Can't exec/bin/sh for singler user : no such file or directory...

managed to turn off my itouch but when it comes back on it runs through all the programs "Stuff" that you see during the jailbreak but ends back up at the no such file or directory.

I am also not able to get it to show up on my itunes anymore....so itunes is not reading my itouch at now...damn...what now?

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

I agree, when it doubt restore and start fresh

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

it died becouse you didnt call it its proper name and insulted it.

But seriously just restore and try again

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

but he said that he can't recognize it with itunes, try putting it into restore mode by first turning it off and then holding down the home button then hold the power button, you should see a connect to itunes then itunes should recognize it.

btw: ZiPhone isn't really recommended anymore, I much preferred iLiberty+.

Good luck!

6. klcc88 thread starter macrumors member

LOL....yeah they seemed to be sensitive to name callings!

Anyways...was able to finally get it restored and tried again and this time it worked with ziphone.

However after getting it jailbroken....everytime I pulled it up on itunes it said that it did not recognize the touch and said I should restore it....

I also added some games and some other programs after it was jailbreak but nothing really impressed me so I ended up restoring it again and just using it at its standard state...

I'm missing something since it seems like most people are jailbreaking for a reason and I didn't really find that reason! :confused:

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It could just be that they need/want/benefit from that software and you don't. That's okay... if you don't find anything useful, why not leave it alone until you find your "killer app"? On my iPhone, I jailbreaked it because that went along with unlocking it (which I wanted to do to continue using T-Mobile), but while I was at it, I have found a few small programs that I really love.

But if you don't want any of the software, leaving it alone has its benefits, e.g. not having to worry about messing it up or being left behind, when Apple releases an update, etc.

8. mikejcooper macrumors newbie

no such file or directory

hi there,

i have unfortunately come across this problem i am not sure how you resolved this problem

any help would be great fully appeciated

cheers

mike

{''.....''}