Help-Touch won't synch with new Macbook

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by di85, Jul 12, 2010.

1. di85 macrumors newbie

I got a new Macbook and Touch as part of Apple's back to school deal. The Touch was delievered on Friday and I got the Macbook today. iTunes on the Macbook does not recognize the Touch in devices section. I have looked at Apple's site and one of the troubleshooting suggestions is to download the newest version of iTunes. I have HughesNet internet service so I won't be download until after my midnight my time in order for it not to count against my download usage cap. Will my iPod be ok until I can synch it with the newest version of iTunes? I currently have it connected to my Macbook.

2. celticpride678

I'm guessing that the iPod is running iOS 4, which is why it is not recognized. What version of iTunes do you currently have?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm not sure what you're asking. Why wouldn't your iPod be ok? What do you think might happen to it while you're waiting to download the latest iTunes?

4. di85 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have iTunes 9. I'm also thinking that it could iOS 4 too and I might need to download iTunes 9.2 I have about four more hours until midnight my time.

5. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

That might help, and your iPod Touch should be fine.