Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ammadiphone6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
hi guys, i am new here, i am facing weird problem about touchID, two days back i updated cydia tweaks (PANGU 9.0.x UNTETHER, BYA REPO ICONS, XMODGAMES, CYDOWN -> FROM BYA REPO, SMOOTHCURSOR), after that touchID is not working properly...

i only have installed "VIRTUAL HOME 8 n 9" touchID related tweak...

also when i touch the touchID and press home button it recognise fingerprint and unlocks, but when i press the lock button and touch home button, fingerprint don't recognise...

also when i respring or restart my phone, touchID works for a time being, but after a while it don't, can anyone please help me what should i do ?

NOTE: BEFORE UPDATING CYDIA TWEAKS EVERYTHING WAS RUNNING PERFECT & IAM RUNNING IOS 9.0.2 (IPHONE 6)

Last edited:

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I would start by deleting any apps that you you have installed or updated to the day before the problem started. If you open Cydia and tap on installed(at the bottom) and then tap on recent(top right) it will give you a list of tweaks that you installed and updated by date.

ammadiphone6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
I would start by deleting any apps that you you have installed or updated to the day before the problem started. If you open Cydia and tap on installed(at the bottom) and then tap on recent(top right) it will give you a list of tweaks that you installed and updated by date.

will do it...
also please do tell me is cydia impactor for ios 9.0.2 is fully functional or not ?

ammadiphone6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
Downgrade/uninstall tweaks that you stated you updated the other day

Only one cydia tweak is downgradable (pangu 9.0.x untethered), rest of all are removeable, and i do so ...
But one tweak is i didnt get while removing, it says "this operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either Cydia or iOS. If you continue, you may not be able to use cydia to reapir any damage."

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 254

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Only one cydia tweak is downgradable (pangu 9.0.x untethered), rest of all are removeable, and i do so ...
But one tweak is i didnt get while removing, it says "this operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either Cydia or iOS. If you continue, you may not be able to use cydia to reapir any damage."

I don't recognise that but I'm sure someone will be along in a bit that does. Have you used any dodgy repos to get free paid apps?

ammadiphone6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
I don't recognise that but I'm sure someone will be along in a bit that does. Have you used any dodgy repos to get free paid apps?

Just used cydown for those paid tweaks ...
These are my added repos:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    174 KB · Views: 272

ammadiphone6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2016
Should i go for semi-restore ?
Or should i clean "cydia undependencies" using icleaner ?
Or should i uninstall cydia substrate ?

Iam new to these kind of problems, please help fellows ....

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Should i go for semi-restore ?
Or should i clean "cydia undependencies" using icleaner ?
Or should i uninstall cydia substrate ?

Iam new to these kind of problems, please help fellows ....

Uninstall cydia substrate. After it uninstalls all your tweaks, see if your Touch ID is working

DigitalDawn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2011
Don't know if you fixed this issue, but I found that my Touch ID problems went away after clearing the RAM on my iPhone 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.