Help transfering iTunes files to another Mac (specific case)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lglontra, Aug 8, 2011.

1. lglontra macrumors newbie

First of all, hi there!

It's my first post here, here at MacRummors I've come across solutions to many of my Mac problems throughout the years, but this time I'm really puzzled.

Here is the situation: I have a MacBook (running OSX Leopard) and a Mac Mini (running OSX Snow Leopard) in both of them iTunes is fully up to date.

My MacBook serves as my main computer and therefore has all my music in it and my Mac Mini server as a media center hooked up to my TV (using iTunes to manage movies and series).

All transfer methods I found were about transfering an iTunes Library to a Mac with no Library at all, but how can I transfer my Music to my Mac Mini in an easy way, without compromising my movies and series?

-----

Since I already created this topic let me ask: I am completely in LOVE with the Squeezebox Duet, any coments on that product?

Aaaand: I still want to keep my music on my MacBook, any simple way to keep my two Macs music in sync?

2. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

Home Sharing seems to be what you're looking for: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3819

Of course, that does mean that the MacBook will have to be on when you want to listen to music on your Mini.

Alternatively, navigate to Home -> Music -> iTunes -> iTunes Media, and transfer the Music folder within to an external drive, and just drag and drop it into iTunes on your Mini. Aim for the Library section at the top left, and it will import it all.

3. rickyalan macrumors newbie

almost right, but remember to make sure that "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" was checked:)